|click to download|
It's not very fancy, but I like it for several reasons.
1. I can see the year at a glance.
2. The Sacrament Meeting Program songs are decided and worked into the schedule from the beginning of the year. This makes it easier for the Presidency to start planning the program, too. (These are bolded on the Outline.)
3. Easter, Mother's Day & Father's Day songs are worked into the schedule.
4. Other familiar songs are worked in too. (These are italicized on the Outline)
5. Other songs I hope to teach/review are listed at the bottom. I add to this list throughout the year, but it's a start.
6. Monthly themes and page numbers are handy.
7. It's not so rigid that it can't be changed or updated and it's just a skeleton so I can fill in extra songs in my monthly outline.
NOTE: I don't force myself to commit to Christmas songs at the beginning of the year. I wait until November to decide those:)
I made this in Word, using a table, but Excel would work well, too. We make a CD for each family with Primary Children in the ward and include all of the songs in the Outline (except the copyrighted ones.)
Thanks to Tracy's suggestion, here's the link to download the Word version of the Outline so you can edit it and make it your own.