This is half of a poster board covered with 6"x6" colored card stock squares. On each square is a picture that indicates a song OR a verse of a song. The board is placed on the floor and a child is chosen to toss the bean bag onto the poster. Wherever the bean bag lands is the song (or verse) you sing.
NOTE: If it lands on two pictures, choose the one you haven't sung yet. With a stuffed animal, choose the picture that's under the animal's head.
pictures that represent the different verses.
- 1st Verse: earth, CTR, family
- 2nd Verse: happy, family, love
- 3rd Verse: home, serve, family
- Chorus: Christ with children
In order to choose the helper to throw the 'bean bag' I'll ask a question that applies the topic of the verse we just sang. (For the first song I'll start with the 1st Verse question.)
- 1st Verse: What good choice did you make this week that blessed your family?
- 2nd Verse: How do you help your family feel safe and happy? Or peaceful?
- 3rd Verse: How do you serve your family?
When the 'bean bag' has been tossed I'll ask "Which part of the song talks about ______? Can you sing it?" I expect kids to start singing that part. Then I'll say "Great! Let's all sing it together!"
I also included pictures for other songs so we can break it up a little. And when we are closer to the program I'll make sure there's a picture on the board for each song in the program.
- Temple: I Love to See the Temple, My Body is a Temple
- Prophet: Follow the Prophet, Stand for the Right
- Scriptures: Book of Mormon Stories, Search, Ponder & Pray
Laminating this board would make it durable, but then I couldn't change it up for different songs, so I'm undecided on that.
I'll use the CTR Rating again to motivate everyone to sing. In Junior Primary I'll have a teacher/leader rate us, in Senior I'll have pairs of kids rate us.