Here's a Valentine's Idea to use if you have just a few songs that you need to sing several times. Use Conversation Hearts (those iconic valentine's candies) to determine different ways to sing the song. Here's how I do it.
1. First pick out two each of all of the different candies and put them in a separate container. This is your Choosing Container. Make one for Junior Primary and one for Senior. This way you don't end up doing the same thing over and over.
2. If you plan on handing out a candy to each child at the end, make sure you have a separate container for that. (You don't want lots of little hands going in this container.)
3. Have a great singer come up and pick out a heart.
4. Refer to your key to see how to sing the song and then have fun with it.
5. Look for the class doing their best, then have that teacher choose a 'Super Singer' to pick the next heart.
6. At the end of Singing Time I stand at the door and give a candy to everyone that wants one. Again, I hand them out, it goes much faster and is more sanitary than letting them pick one out.
To download a PDF copy of my Conversation Heart Key click here.
To download a Word copy of the Key that you can edit, click here.
NOTE: Not every package of Conversation Hearts uses the same wording, so if you decide to use my Key, make sure it matches up with your hearts. I bought the tangy flavored package this time. They're really good!